SCV Consulting is a specialty consulting firm with a focus in Sustainability, Carbon, and Climate Risk Consulting. SCV provides full Greenhouse Gas (GHG) management consulting services.
SCV is registered (with pending accreditation) as a Validation and Verification Body (VVB) with the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) for third-party GHG validation and verification services under ISO 17029:2019, “Conformity assessment – General principles and requirements for validation and verification bodies”.
SCV is committed to maintaining impartiality in its verifications and validations. SCV understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its validation/verification activities and manages conflicts of interest and ensures objectivity.
The GHG Programs SCV operates within the SCC accreditation system include:
- 1. Ontario Regulation 390/18
- 2. British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation
- 3. British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Regulation
- 4. Alberta Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction (TIER) Regulation
- 5. Province of Nova Scotia, Greenhouse Gas Emission Regulations
- 6. Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 14/17
- 7. The Management Reduction of Greenhouse Gases Act (Saskatchewan)
- 8. Federal Canadian Output-Based Pricing System
- 9. Verra
- 10. The Climate Registry
- 11. Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- 12. Clean Fuels Regulation
SCV is registered to perform VVB assignments in the following sectors.
- 1. Organizational Level Sectors:
- 1.1. General
- 1.2. Manufacturing
- 1.3. Power Generation
- 1.4. Mining and Mineral Production
- 1.5. Metals Production
- 1.6. Chemical Production
- 1.7. Oil and Gas Extraction, Production and Refining, Including Petrochemicals
- 1.8. Waste
- 1.9. Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU)
- 2. Project Level Sectors:
- 2.1. GHG Emission Reductions from Fuel Combustion
- 2.2. GHG Emission Reductions from Industrial Processes (non-combustion, chemical reaction, fugitive, and other)
- 2.3. Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry
- 2.4. Carbon Capture and Storage
- 2.5. Livestock
- 2.6. Waste Handling and Disposal
Appeals and Complaints
SCV has both an appeals and complaints procedure for this service area.